Rice County OneGov

Welcome, Guest!
Log in | Sign up |

Solid Waste

  • Go to: Dashboard / List of Applications
    • Solid Waste Items
      Next Application Start Date: n/a

      This application is no longer being used to prepay for discarding items at the Rice Count Solid Waste Facility.

      Please call 507-332-6833 for more information on how to prepay to drop off your items.

Building Division

The Building Division is responsible for enforcement of the Minnesota Building Code for the unincorporated areas of Rice County.

  • Go to: Dashboard / List of Applications
    • 1. Exterior Maintenance Permit
      Start New

      For replacement of: Windows/Doors, Siding &/or Roofing

    • 2. Building Permit Application
      Start New
    • 3. Agricultural "AG" Structure Permit
      Start New

      for structures being placed on an agricultural classed parcel as classified by the records of the County's Assessors office and used for housing farm equipment, livestock, and/or agricultural products.

    • 4. Demolition permit
      Start New
    • 5. Mechanical (HVAC) Fireplace/Wood Stove Permit
      Start New
    • 6. Plumbing Permit Application
      Start New

      Adding new or moving plumbing

    • 7. Land Use Permit
      Start New

      Structures under 200 sq ft, cement slabs, patios, sheds, hoop structures.


The Zoning Department is responsible for the enforcement of the zoning ordinances in the unincorporated areas of Rice County. The deadline to submit an application for consideration by the Planning Commission or Board of Adjustment is the 5th of every month.